2023 National Jamboree
July 19 – July 28, 2023
BSA High Adventure Base
Summit Bechtel Reserve
Glen Jean, WV
What is the National Jamboree?
Jamboree is more than a destination. It’s the adventure of lifetime. And there is simply nothing else like it on the planet.
What’s a Jamboree?
It’s not camp. National Jamboree is 360-degrees of fun, friends and fellowship with hands-on adventure that takes you places you never thought you’d go and challenge you to try things you never thought you could.
It’s the beginning of your own heroes’ journey that will challenge you to go farther than you ever thought possible. You’ll reach deeper and lift yourself higher to become the best version of yourself.
It’s held every four years at the Summit Bechtel Reserve, the BSA’s fourth High Adventure Base, which covers more than 14,000 acres in West Virginia. Over the course of 10 days, approximately 30,000 Scouts, leaders and staff will gather at an event that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place.
What can you do?
- World-class entertainment & stadium shows
- High energy festive atmosphere
- Wi-Fi-enabled outdoor experience (Wi-Fi covers the Summit camping and activity areas)
- Outdoor experience (Wi-Fi covers the Summit camping and activity areas)
- 5 miles of zip lines and challenge courses
- 36 miles of mountain biking trails and BMX tracks
- 13 acres of shooting sports ranges (shotgun, rifle, and archery)
- Whitewater rafting, kayaking, and paddleboarding
- Climbing walls and repelling
- World Class Skateboard Park
- STEM activities and merit badge opportunities
- Patch trading and making friends with Scouts and Venturers from across the country and around the world
- Group and individual leadership training
- Merit Badge opportunities
Check out this video about Jamboree Through the Years!