Summer Employment Opportunities
Here at Ockanickon we depend on one of the best trained and dedicated group of Scouts and Scouters to run our camp and program each and every year. Being able to serve on this camp staff really is the opportunity of a lifetime. It offers an unprecedented chance to lead, teach, and work with 2,500+ Scouts and to work towards a goal with a team that is just as excited to be here as you are.
This staff only operates with the help of the troops attending OSR. We hope that, as leaders, you will encourage any of your Scouts who you think will be a good fit to apply so that we can offer as good a program as you are used to seeing. Without you and your Scouts, Ockanickon would not be nearly as successful as it is.
The 2023 season dates are:
- 2 Mandatory staff training weekends: 5/19-5/21 & 6/2-6/4
- Staff week is June 12 – 16, 2023
- 7 program weeks starting June 18, 2023 through August 5, 2023
- Shutdown August 6, 2023 through August 9, 2023
There will be a staff interview weekend at Ockanickon Scout Reservation on March 18, 2023. Applicants will be sent information for the event.
Current Open Positions
- Program Director – Age 21 or older
- Assistant Climbing Director – Age 21 or older
- Assistant Aquatics Director – Age 21 or older
- Ranger/maintenance staff – Age 18 or older
- Program staff (various areas) – Age 15 or older