Tohickon Indoor Rally
October 31 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Tohickon Indoor Rally
Open to all Scouts BSA Troops and Venturing Crews. This is a fun skills activity. Invite families and friends!
Saturday, October 31, 2020
Ockanickon Scout Reservation
5787 State Park Rd
Pipersville, PA 18947
8:00 pm Check-in
9:00 pm Opening Ceremony
12:00 pm Awards
Bring: Equipment for all participants (see following pages)
Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd place ribbons
Indoor Rally Info
- The rules of the event follow the Scout Oath and Law. Scout Spirit is also encouraged.
- Units will work in patrols of 6 to 8. At some events patrols less than 8 will need to have members go more than one time to make 8.
- Patrols less than 6 should look to join with others to make patrols of 6 to 8
- SPL should come to registration with The Unit number and patrol names.
- At each station once completed the Scout will sit indicating they have completed.
- Rotation info will be handed out at check in.
- Ribbons will be given for first second and third place
- Ribbons will be given to each Unit that checks in.
- At the end of the event each Unit should look around and leave the location better than they found it.
- The event is open to only registered Scouts BSA and Venturers. In following the guide to safe scouting Cub Scouts may not participate.
- Face Coverings are required at all times during the event
- Each unit will be responsible for sanitization and safety of their unit.
Each event is 5 minutes.
Flint and Steel Fire
- Safety goggles
- Gloves are optional
Each patrol will get one Piece of flint one piece of char cloth, and one piece of tinder. One person in the patrol will work to make a spark and ignite the char cloth and tinder. The flame must stay in the Tin pan once a flame appears the judge will mark the time. Other patrol members may block wind but all must be engaged in the event. Timed Event Don’t forget scout spirit!
1 stick 30″ long and approximately ¾” in diameter
Each Scout picks up the stick in front of them with both hands, puts it over their head and steps through without releasing either hand. If either hand is released, he returns stick to starting position and tries again. Each member of the team must complete the challenge to finish. Timed even. Don’t forget Scout Spirit
Each patrol will run down to the other side hand off a baton to another scout and then run back until each scout has gone one time and is seated. Timed Event Don’t forget Scout spirit!
Tug of War
Patrols of 8 will work to pull another patrol of 8 and get the mark on the rope to cross the line in the floor. This will be a single elimination bracket system. Don’t forget Scout Spirit!
Each Scout is to tie one knot. If the knot is tied incorrectly, he may stay until the knot is tied correctly or he can go back and tag in another teammate to take the scout’s place. Knots to tie: Bowline, Sheet bend, Double Half Hitch, Square Knot, Clove Hitch, Timber Hitch. The event is completed when all knots have been tied correctly and each scout is seated. Timed event. Don’t forget Scout Spirit.