- This event has passed.
NYLT Weekend #1
March 15, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - March 17, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$250
The course is limited to 48 participants.
Participants are required to attend both weekends:
- March 15-17, 2019
- March 29-31, 2019
Deadline to register is 3/10/2019 at 11:45pm
In order to attend an NYLT course, a youth must have the following qualifications by the beginning of the course:
- All participants must complete the full course in order to receive credit. If it is a weekend course, the participant must attend both weekends. For the summer course, participants are required to attend the full week.
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B, and C.
- The minimum age requirement to attend NYLT will change effective on February 1, 2019. All participants must be 14 years old or 13 years old and have completed 8th grade; there cannot be any exceptions.
- They must be a First Class Scout and have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops. Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships. It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience. While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.
- For 2019 only, an exception will be granted for girls registered in Scouts BSA to attend NYLT without first achieving the First Class rank; they must still meet age requirements and first attend Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST.) This will allow new troops to have trained youth leaders. Girls who are registered Venturers do not need to achieve the First Class rank, but must attend Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews (ILSC) prior to participating in NYLT.
- Have a unit leader recommendation.