- This event has passed.
NYLT Summer Course – CANCELLED
July 15 - July 20$250
We regret to announce the Summer NYLT course is cancelled due to low registration. Our next course is in the Fall.
Must attend both weekends Oct 25-27 AND Nov 1-3.
In order to attend an NYLT course, a youth must have the following qualifications by the beginning of the course:
- All participants must complete the full course in order to receive credit. If it is a weekend course, the participant must attend both weekends. For the summer course, participants are required to attend the full week.
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B, and C.
- As of March 1, 2019, Scouts BSA members (male and female) must be at least 13. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops. For 2019 only, an exception will be granted for girls registered in Scouts BSA to attend NYLT without first achieving the First Class rank. Boys registered in Scouts BSA will still be required to earn the First Class rank before attending NYLT.
- Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships. It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience. While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.
- Have a unit leader recommendation.
Tohickon Valley Park
158 Cafferty Rd.
Pipersville, PA 18947