- This event has passed.
NYLT Fall Weekend #2
November 16, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - November 18, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The course is limited to 48 participants.
Participants are required to attend both weekends:
- November 2-4, 2018
- November 16-18, 2018
Deadline to register is 10/21/2018 at 11:45pm
In order to attend an NYLT course, a youth must have the following qualifications by the beginning of the course:
- All participants must complete the full course in order to receive credit. If it is a weekend course, the participant must attend both weekends. For the summer course, participants are required to attend the full week.
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B, and C.
- Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts must be 13 years of age and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program registration. They must be a First Class Scout and have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
- Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships. It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience. While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.
- Have a unit leader recommendation.