Council COVID-19 Guidelines
As of 12 APR 2022
First and foremost, the Washington Crossing Council encourages all staff, volunteers, Scouts and family members age 5 and above to get vaccinated and stay up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccines. It is our best hope for a return to normalcy in our Scouting family.
These guidelines are based on the current COVID-19 community levels in our region and will be revisited as necessary.
- Masks are no longer required indoors or outdoors. This includes all Council facilities, properties and sponsored events within Bucks, Mercer and Hunterdon Counties.
- Masks are recommended for those who are symptomatic, those who have been diagnosed with COVID within the previous 10 days and those exposed to someone with COVID within the previous 10 days.
- Masks are encouraged for those at high risk for severe illness.
- Individuals may choose to mask at any time.
COVID Unit Meetings & Activities Guidelines
Important considerations for units planning for meetings and activities:
- Units must have approval to meet from its chartering organization and follow their guidelines. Unit leadership should keep their charter organization representative (COR) informed of their activities.
- Be sure to research any state and local jurisdiction requirements. Always follow the rules of the destination jurisdiction.
- Unit should utilize the BSA Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist available here.
Approved by: Brett Harrison, MD
Council Health Supervisor
CDC Guidance for COVID-19 resource: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html