2019 Good Citizenship Award Nominations
The Youth Work Foundation of The Union League of Philadelphia is celebrating 73 years in 2019. One of the roles of the Youth Work Foundation is the annual Union League Good Citizenship Award. The Youth Work program began in 1946 to recognize and reward good citizenship and encourage young people to become active and informed citizen leaders. Every year since 1946, nearly 300 students gather for the day to meet each other, listen to interesting speakers and debate important issues about the rights and responsibilities of being a good citizen of the United States. Washington Crossing Council has been a long-standing agency partner with The Union League, and we look forward to a strong group of nominees to attend the Good Citizen Day on May 1, 2019. We ask that you consider nominating a youth member in your unit for the 2019 Good Citizenship Award.
- is a junior in high school (requirement)
- is a citizen of the United States (requirement)
- demonstrates hard work and fair play
- is a registered member of Washington Crossing Council (requirement)
- has personal attributes of honesty, courage, tolerance, curiosity, and loyalty
- endeavors to follow and uphold the principles of American patriotism
- The Nominator Form (page 2) is to be completed by the person who is nominating the student.
- Students are to complete the nominee form (Pages 3 & 4) and return to their Nominator.